The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act is now permanent. This presents three charitable giving tax incentives, including the IRA charitable rollover.
- Use IRA-required minimum distribution (RMD) as a charitable donation.
- Must be 70½ years old or older.
- Limit of $100,000 per taxpayer per year.
- Distribution must be transferred directly from financial custodian to charitable organization.
- Applies only to IRAs and not 401(k), 403(b), or Keogh accounts, nor distributions used to establish a planned gift.
- Amount distributed will not be included in donor’s federal income tax and will count toward RMD.
This information is not to be considered tax advice and donors should check with their tax professional about this gifting method.
The USMMA Alumni Association and Foundation’s tax ID number is 11-6037948. If you have questions, please contact our office at 516-482-5274 or firstname.lastname@example.org.